Frequency Coverage and Modes:
MW-HF: General Coverage: 500 kHz - 30.000 MHz
- MW-HF: MDS: nominal -125 dBm in 500 Hz Bandwidth
- User Configurable Band Key:
- Amateur Band Selections: 160 m – 10 m
- International Broadcast Bands: 120 m – 11 m
- AM-SSB-CW manual or auto-mode selection (based on tuned frequency)
- International Broadcasting: manual or auto-selection: AM - 5 kHz steps
- Auto-Filter Width select with override: AM: 5, 7.5 kHz, 15 kHz - SSB: 1.8, 2.6 kHz - CW: 1 kHz - 500 Hz
- Tuning Resolution (cursor control): 1 MHz / 100 - 10 - 1 kHz / 100 - 10 Hz
- LW: 150 - 500 kHz is included for experimental purposes.
VHF-UHF General Frequency Coverage and Performance:
- VHF: Continuous Coverage: 64.0 - 260.0 MHz
- UHF: Continuous Coverage: 437.0 - 512.0 MHz
- VHF Sensitivity 87.0 - 150.0 MHz: nominal - 90 to - 95 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, 15 kHz filter bandwidth (5 kHz deviation)
- VHF Sensitivity 150.0 - 260.0 MHz: nominal - 95 to -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, 15 kHz filter bandwidth (5 kHz deviation)
- UHF Sensitivity: nominal -83 dBm to -86 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, 15 kHz filter bandwidth (5 kHz deviation)
- Standard frequency steps for each band
- SCAN blocked on VHF/UHF to comply with FCC Part 15 rules (Declaration of Conformance)
VHF-UHF Band Plan:
- FM Broadcast: 87.7 - 107.9 - Monaural - 7 kHz audio bandwidth
- Aircraft Band: 108.000 - 136.975 MHz, AM auto-select -25 kHz channel steps
- Amateur: 2 m, 1.25 m, 70 cm (upper portion starting @ 437.0 MHz).
- NBFM mode default with SSB-CW mode selects.
- Marine & NOAA Weather Radio
- Public Service: 137.0 - 225.0: 12.5 and 25 kHz steps. NBFM default.
- FRS-GMRS 462 – 467 MHz, NBFM - 25 kHz Steps
- Note: 6 m (54 MHz) is not available
- HF: Dual conversion (VHF-UHF: single conversion) with low-IF , I-Q digital sampling, 32-bit DSP with digital audio CODEC
- DSP demodulation algorithms: DSB-AM, SSB, CW, WBFM, NBFM
- User Selectable, DSP fixed bandwidth channel filtering selections
Audio System – (Digital CODEC)
- Speaker Driver: 0.8 W into 8 Ohm load
- Internal 2.5” diameter, mylar-cone communications grade speaker
- External monaural speaker jack (3.5 mm stereo jack - back panel)
- Headset Driver: 40 mW into 16 Ohms. (3.5 mm stereo jack - front panel)
- LW-MW-HF Port: 50 Ohm – BNC (female)
- VHF-UHF Port: 50 Ohm – BNC (female)
- 64 x 128 OLED Amber Display with EMI-filtered lens
- Readable outdoors (not in direct sunlight) and manually dimmable
- Power Jacks: Powered-USB and 6-18 VDC (2.1 x 5 mm diameter - center pin-positive)
- Internal Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery 6-8 hour capacity with full speaker volume. 10-12 hours for headset and normal speaker volume.
- Both supply inputs automatically charge the optional internal battery with the CR-1a powered On and OFF.
- < 1.0 Watt Headset and normal speaker volume
- < 1.6 Watt maximum - full speaker volume
USB Mini-B 2.0 Jack
- Automatically charges internal battery while maintaining maximum USB power use < 2.5 Watts
- Software updates via 'Dropbox' from CommRadio
- I-Q data and radio controls via USB port
- CommRadio supplied basic 200 kHz Spectrum-Scope PC GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Overall Size: 5.64” W x 2.43” H x 6.10” D (including knobs, jacks, feet)
- Weight: 1 lb – 12 oz
- Knobs: Machined Aluminum – Black Anodized
- Front Panel: Machined Aluminum – Powder Coated – Black semi-gloss
- Case: 20 Gauge Steel, Powder Coated – Black Crackle.
ESD Protection: ESD Diodes: Antenna ports - Power Jacks - USB Port-Keys – Knobs