Amateur Radio Astronomy
By John Fielding, ZS5JF.
Explore the contributions of radio amateurs to the science of radio astronomy and how the average amateur can make and set up equipment to study the signals coming from space. Contents include:
* Receiving radio signals from outer space.
* A historical perspective of radio astronomy needed to become active.
* Expanded details of parameters for the antenna and receiver through practical low noise amplifiers.
* A 50MHz Meteor Radar system.
* Advice on assembling a receiving station and practical information to put together your own.
* A practical design for a 1420MHz "hydrogen line receiver".
* Mechanical Systems and details of the Hart RAO KAT Demonstrator Antenna.
The author has achieved a great balance between historical narrative and technical information. Amateur Radio Astronomy is not only "a great read" but a practical technical reference for this fascinating topic. Second Edition.
384 pages. ©2011. Published by Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB).
Order #2930 ..... $32.95